Who We Are

Our intention is to inform people of racist, homophobic, religious extreme hate speech perpetrators across social networking internet sites. And we also aim to be a focal point for people to access information and resources to report such perpetrators to appropriate web sites, governmental departments and law enforcement agencies around the world.

We will also post relevant news worthy items and information on Human rights issues, racism, extremist individuals and groups and far right political parties from around the world although predominantly Britain.

Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Moscow to see 'anti-fascist patrols' on Hitler's birthday (Russia)

Youth activists will patrol Moscow on Wednesday in a bid to prevent attacks by neo-Nazi groups celebrating the 122nd anniversary of Adolf Hitler's birth, officials said.

Rosmolodezh - Russian Federal Agency of Youth Affairs - said that some 750 people from the country's "Volunteer Brigade" - an organization with close links to law enforcement bodies - and representatives of ethnic minority groups would "take under special control" squares, train stations and other public places.

April 20 has traditionally seen an increase attacks on ethnic minorities in Moscow and other Russian cities.

Ethnic tensions exploded in Moscow late last year after the killing of a football fan by a native of the country's mainly Muslim North Caucasus. Some 5,000 football hooligans and nationalists subsequently rioted near Red Square and clashes between ethnic Russians and internal migrants were reported across the country.


Roanoke neo-Nazi Bill White may win freedom on free speech appeal (USA)

Neo-Nazi activist William A. White, who for the past three years has waged a First Amendment battle with the federal government, has won another round.

A U.S. District Court judge ruled today that a Chicago jury was wrong when it convicted White in January of using his website to solicit violence.

The decision means that White, who has been jailed almost continuously since October 2008, may soon be released.

It was not immediately clear if White intends to return to Roanoke, where he formed the American National Socialist Workers Party, a white supremacy movement that gained national attention.

In a decision today, Judge Lynn Adelman reversed a conviction that White -— angry at the conviction of a fellow white supremacist for trying to have a judge killed years ago -— used his website to solicit violence against the foreman of the jury.

White publicized the juror’s name and contact information, but made no direct threats against him. Prosecutors argued, and the jury agreed, that the posting should be taken in context with a campaign of intimidation and thinly-veiled threats that White maintained on his website, overthrow.com.

In reversing the jury’s verdict, Adelman ruled that White’s actions did not amount to a solicitation, and that they were protected by his free-speech rights.

"The First Amendment protects vehement, scathing and offensive criticism of others, including individuals involved in the criminal justice system," such as the juror, Adelman wrote.

White has been held in Chicago’s Metropolitan Correctional Center, awaiting a decision from the judge. Because he has already completed a 2½ year prison term from previous convictions in Roanoke, While could be released as soon as today, said his Chicago attorney Nishay Sanan.

Federal prosecutors are expected to ask that White be sent back to jail pending an appeal, Sanan said.

Today’s decision is the latest in a back-and-forth conflict between the rights of a neo-Nazi to make hateful statements and the fears he struck in some of his targets.

Since 2008, federal authorities have filed eight charges against White, alleging in one form or another that he crossed the line between free speech and criminal activity. White was convicted of five charges in Roanoke and Chicago, although two of them -- including the one today -- were later reversed by judges.

"I think justice was done," Sanan said. "The First Amendment has been upheld."

"The government can’t just go around charging people who make unpopular speech."


Royal wedding to be ‘protected by EDL ring of steel’

The leader of the English Defence League says the organisation’s members will risk prosecution in a bid to protect next week’s royal wedding from Islamic extremists.

EDL leader Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, who goes by the pseudonym Tommy Robinson, said ‘50 to 100’ members would be at each train station near Westminster Abbey to prevent extremist Muslims from reaching the ceremony.

Muslims Against Crusades announced this week that it planned to demonstrate outside the April 29 ceremony, but its bid was blocked yesterday by the Metropolitan Police.

The group was behind the burning of a poppies on Armistice Day last year.

In an announcement on its website, Muslims Against Crusades said it hoped “the day which the nation has been dreaming of for so long will become a nightmare”.

Mr Yaxley-Lennon, who runs a tanning salon in Hastings Street, Luton, said EDL members planned to physically stop Muslim extremists getting to Westminster Abbey.

“The police will let them have their protest but we’ll be at each train station to make sure they don’t come,” he said.

“It’s going to be a public order offence – there will be mass disorder. We will form a ring of steel around that wedding.

“It will be ordinary members of the public going in to prevent a crime because the police won’t stop it. “We will be issued with Section 14 orders because we would cause a breach of the peace.”

In its statement yesterday, Muslims Against Crusades said Prince William should “withdraw from the crusader British military and give up all affiliation to the tyrannical British Empire”.

They said the demonstration was justified to highlight Britain’s “quest to occupy Muslim land and wage war against the religion of God”.

Mr Yaxley-Lennon said ordinary Muslims heading to Westminster Abbey would have nothing to fear from the English Defence League.

“Muslims Against Crusades will be carrying black flags and will be in uniform so we will know who they are,” he said. “As soon as they come out of any station there’s going to be chaos.”

Asked whether he was concerned that the EDL’s presence would only cause further disruption, he said: “It can’t get any worse than if Muslims Against Crusades turn up. You have freedom of speech but this is ordinary members of the British public who are angry about this, which is what happened when they tried to disrupt the Poachers’ parade in Luton.”

Mr Yaxley-Lennon said he would not be in London himself on April 29 as he will be away on holiday.

Luton Today

English Defence League youth facing jail over mass brawl (UK)

Joel Titus centre
A prominent member of the English Defence League (EDL) is facing jail over his role in a pre-arranged fight between football hooligans.

Joel Titus, 18, took part in the bloody brawl between Brentford and Leyton Orient supporters outside Liverpool Street station in central London in May last year.

The A-level student was captured on CCTV hurling objects at rivals and fighting over a wooden pole with another thug.

Titus had previously been cautioned for battery after punching a journalist at a right-wing demonstration against the "Islamification of Europe" in December 2009, the Old Bailey heard.

Earlier this year he was found guilty of threatening behaviour after snarling "f*** off" at a police officer who tried to break up a fight.

He is reported to be a youth organiser for the EDL and has appeared on the BBC Newsnight programme talking about his role in protests.

Titus, of North View, Pinner, north-west London, appeared in court alongside five other men, all of whom admitted a charge of affray at earlier hearings.

They are: Dean Wells, 24, of Isleworth, west London; Steven Donovan, 20, of Hayes, Middlesex; Andrew Hudson, 26, of Hornchurch, Essex; David Mitchell, 19, of Littlehampton, West Sussex; and Thomas Armstrong, 24, of Woodford Green, Essex.

All six were remanded in custody to be sentenced tomorrow.

The court heard that the mass brawl, which involved people punching and kicking and the use of weapons, as well as bottles being thrown, appeared to take place "by prior arrangement".

Henrietta Paget, prosecuting, said Brentford hooligans had travelled to the scene after their home match against Hartlepool, to meet Leyton Orient thugs on their way back from an away match at Colchester.

By early evening the Orient group, including Armstrong and Hudson, were drinking at Dirty Dicks bar in Bishopsgate while the other four defendants were among those at the Railway Tavern in Liverpool Street.

CCTV footage showed the two sets of hooligans coming together in a violent confrontation before being dispersed by the arrival of a police car.

One of the thugs, Hudson, later told police that there was "history" between supporters of the two clubs dating back to the 1980s.

Titus was captured on camera, wearing a khaki jacket with a hood up, fighting alongside fellow hooligans.

He later told police he was an Arsenal fan who occasionally went to watch Brentford and had been out that night celebrating the end of the football season.

Titus said he was at the scene of the violence after he heard shouting and jogged down to see what it was about, but denied knowing what the fight was about or that it was planned.

The court heard that he was wearing a glove on one hand, which was specially designed to protect him from glass.

In December last year, while on bail over the affray, he threatened a police officer who tried to break up a fight.

"Mr Titus, with a half-full pint glass of beer, said 'f*** off, you aren't wanted here' and moved aggressively towards him," said Miss Paget.

He was convicted of threatening behaviour and is due to be sentenced at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court in May.

There was also a conviction for knife possession in 2006.

In December 2009 he received a caution for battery following a "far-right demonstration" at Harrow civic centre to "stop the Islamification of Europe", during which he punched a journalist.

Veronica Ramsden, for Titus, said he had "done well academically".

She said he was studying for A-levels including media studies, hoping for an A-grade, and that he planned to go on to Birmingham University to pursue a degree.

Miss Ramsden said he was "heartily sorry" to have been involved in the violence.


Research documents racism in Poland

Over 400 racist incidents have been catalogued by campaigners against xenophobia in a so-called Brown Book 2009-2010, released this week.

Physical attacks on non-white men and women are amongst the crimes included in the document, as well as the racist rhetoric of football fans and the vandalism of sacred sites.

The research was carried out by the anti-fascist magazine Nigdy Wiecej (Never Again), and the Monitoring Centre on Racism in Eastern Europe.

“The Brown Book proves how big a problem racism, neo-fascism and anti-Semitism still are in Poland, ” claims Nigdy Wiecej editor-in-chief Marcin Kornak.

As it is, a considerable portion of the crimes described in the book were carried out by neo-fascist and extreme right factions but some were on the spur of the moment incidents, says the report.

“Nigger [czarnuch] get out of Poland,” a citizen from Ghana was told in January 2009, as he was beaten up by a 27-year-old Pole in Wroclaw, reports the Gazeta Wyborcza daily.

Likewise, in March 2009, a dark-skinned Swedish woman was hit in the face by three men in a shopping mall in Bialystok. According to reports, security from a Media Markt branch adjacent to the crime scene failed to come to the aid of the Swedish medicine student.

Graffiti in Jewish cemeteries, including inscriptions such as “Jews in the oven because that's where your place is,” are still common in Poland, claims the research.

Radio Maryja
Anti-Semitic remarks have also been recorded on the far-right Radio Marya, station, says the report, echoing old stereotypes that the Jews are collectively responsible for imposing communism on Poland. One listener in a phone-in programme apparently described a former MP from the Civic Platform party as a “Jewish-Communist Platform clown”, to which the presenter replied, “you use strong words, but they are justified.”

Besides incidents relating to Jews and blacks, the book also highlights some incidences of anti-German and anti-Ukrainian abuse.

But the problem is not just with the usual suspects of anti-Semites and the far-right in general. In Poland, throw-away racists quips can also be heard on mainstream media.

Last month, popular chat show host Kuba Wojewodzki made a series of jokes about a Nigerian contestant on his show on the private TVN station, remarking that the guest had “eaten a white woman”.

The ‘joke’ echoes a remark Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski made shortly after the election of Barack Obama as US president. Right wing MEP Ryszard Czarnecki, quoted on his blog back in 2008 the foreign minister as saying: "Have you heard that Obama may have a Polish connection? His grandfather ate a Polish missionary."

A spokesman for the Polish foreign office said that Sikorski was merely giving examples of the sort of remarks that can be heard about the new US president.

"Mr Sikorski did not tell a racist joke," ministry spokesman Piotr Paszkowski said at the time. "He was only giving an example of the unpalatable and racist 'jokes' that surround President Obama."

The News Pl